Saturday, February 25, 2023

Creating a simple list

Going through the 4th chapter of TestOut Labs, I realized that I had a habit of using the tab and backspace keys to format my bullet.  4.4.3 Bulleted and Numbered list, taught me the safest way to adjust my list indents is to use Increase Indents and Decrease Indents button.  Back then, I used to just tab then I would backspace because the bullets did not line up and I even used my space bar then tab just back and forth I did just that.  Microsoft Word has so many easy to use tools to create a simple list.

Today, I am more informed and as I go through more chapters of IS101-3003, I am confident that I can make a more decent document that will stand out with bulleted list from now on and in less time.  😎

8 comments:

  1. Very glad to hear 4.4.3 Bulleted and Numbered Lists showed you the proper way to manage indentation in a listing ^_^

    Bullet listings are great, numbered listings are great too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the early stages of this class I was doing the same Linette! I was definitely intimated by using the ribbon in Word.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was on the same boat, Linette! It's now exciting to learn new tools and techniques that can improve the quality and efficiency of our work. Never thought it was going to aid in saving time and allowing work product to be more concise. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also had the tendency of using the tab button but have learned throughout the class the proper way to create bullet points.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Making use of bullet or number lists can help us see the list more clearly. Items won't be too close to each other as bullet list function provides spacing between items.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol! Omg me too. My tab and backspace buttons used to hate me before this class because of how much I would use them. After understanding that there is an alignment arrow to click on the alignment group to really specify how you want to align things, now my papers are, EXPLOSIVE.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Using bullets and lists are also extremely useful in PowerPoint slides! Helps to guide the presenter through the presentation!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like to indent the bullet-points themselves by a few points compared to the body copy, as this is more visually pleasing. Also ensure that the paragraph space between separate bulleted items is sufficient to avoid a text pile-up. If the entries themselves are short, a spacing that is a bit less than the regular paragraph spacing helps to keep the list looking coherent.

    ReplyDelete