Saturday, February 11, 2023

Clicking and dragging

I have been learning so much in IS101 that even the simplest as pinning favorite programs to the taskbar for quicker-easy access gives me a satisfying grin.  I used to just keep clicking on applications on the side of my screen if I would need a program to run or look for it.  Now I am just dragging applications to the start menu and taskbar like I have been a pro at it. This is super handy in case I have regular application/program that I want to open without having to search for it or scroll through the All Apps list. I like my new shortcut because its within easy reach. Right-click on a running program in the taskbar and selecting Pin to taskbar, or drag the application to the taskbar and viola! this pins the program to the taskbar.  

Yes! I am grinning right now at just thinking about how excited I was when I first pinned an application to the taskbar. I do wonder though, will it slow my computer down if I have too many icons in my taskbar?  Another question for another day.

10 comments:

  1. Sometimes the small amounts of work yield giant rewards!

    Very glad to hear you learned how to pin applications to the taskbar from 2.4.2 Desktop Application Facts :-)

    May you pick up more new skills and knowledge in IS101-3003, Spring 2023 ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I still click and drag a lot but now I just use keyboard shortcuts for quite most tasks. Still clicking and dragging almost always works.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you. Before this class I was doing what you were doing, and now my task bar is sleek!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have found the taskbar to be a very useful tool, especially when putting proper shortcuts onto it, such as snipping tool, task manager, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The taskbar has been very fun for me to completely comprehend and navigate!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Even something as seemingly small as pinning applications to the taskbar, it's still a useful feature for easy access to frequently used programs. A general rule I learned the hard-way is that it's best to keep the taskbar clutter-free and only include the programs you use regularly to avoid slowing down your system unnecessarily. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would prefer not pin any thing except for a few daily apps because it looks disorganised when we are pinning too much.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have 11 applications in my taskbar. I only use 4 of them mostly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. YES! Having applications readily available whenever I need it at a moment's notice is beyond
    convenient. It certainly clears up my desktop of all the application shortcuts!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lol I can definitely relate! I've found myself already doing so many things differently. For example, refining my google searches with "

    ReplyDelete